Monday, September 21, 2009

A Happy Birthday to my Beach Beauty

Birthdays are a wonderful, and yet strange thing. If you haven't figured it out yet, I am a young kid in a grown ups body. I still get really excited about lots of the little things in life, birthdays are no exception. I look forward to my birthday each year with great expectation, knowing that this years B-day will be greater then the last. I love the attention, the pie (cause I really don't care for cake), the time with family and friends, and lets not forget the presents. There is so much wonder and excitement surrounding a birthday. Having three kids, I remember the day of each of their birth with great detail. Beach Beauty reminds me at times that my details are beginning to get confused from child to child. But I still remember that day with fondness, joy, and excitement.

Each parent can relate with me, that the day their child was born, was such a wonderful day. No matter what circumstances were in your life, for a brief moment, nothing else mattered. As you held your child for the first time, welcoming them to the world, it was if time stood still. You look at their ten fingers and ten toes, round face, precious eyes, little mouth, and button nose, and realize at that moment that God has blessed you with a miracle.

Yesterday was Beach Beauty's birthday! I only wish it could have been a better day for my bride. Before the day was even here, we knew that it would be busy, and plans for celebration were to be moved to a less busy day. Then as she awoke on the day of her birth, she woke with a fierce cough. Who wants to be sick on their birthday? I know I sure don't! As the day wore on, I could tell that her sickness was setting in for the long haul. She is such a trooper! She never once complained about her Birthday being ruined, only that she didn't feel good, and wished she could feel better, that she might go to church. Needless to say, she didn't get out, at all, and the only real celebrating she was able to participate in was Taco Bell in bed late at night, and a small gift. Many Happy Birthday wishes have been shared with her from family and friends,she enjoyed breakfast in bed by the kids, and even an early birthday bouquet of flowers arrived for her on Friday. I only wish that it would have been a better day for her.

With all this being said, let me say once again, she never complained. I am the one complaining at the moment. I hate it that her day was met with illness. So here is what I am proposing. For the lady that gives of herself each day for her family, I think she deserves another Birthday. A day that she can enjoy, anticipate, and have a ball. So even though September 20th has passed, I declare Saturday September 26th as Beach Beauties 2nd 30th Birthday! September 20th will happen again, in order that Beauty can have her day.

Beach Beauty, I want you to know that I Love You, and I am so happy that 30 years ago, God saw it fit to bless your parents with you as their miracle. Then 20 years later He blessed me with you as my best friend, and wife. I want you to anticipate your Birthday with the joy and excitement of a child. I will say once again, as I did many times yesterday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

To all the rest of the Beach Bums out there,
I hope I haven't bored you with the sappy stuff that has flowed all over these pages tonight. Have a wonderful week, and expect more posts to follow.

Until next time,

Clear Skies, High Surf, and Sandy Feet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment