Monday, May 4, 2009

Just how fast does a storm move?

Have you ever wanted to do something so bad, that you would risk really looking foolish in order to get a chance at it. Well I had one of those experiences today. Fishing has become a do or die for me. I love getting out on the water, casting a line, and waiting for the bite. Well today was the day to go fishing. I'm off on Mondays and my fishing buddy who is retired, will fish at the word go, so we decided to chance the weather (storms were in the forecast) and go out just as long as we could.

Shortly after getting out on the water, we began to hear thunder in the distance, and were watching a storm move from west to east, just north of us. The storm was beautiful, with all sorts of color. Well of course we kept our eyes on the storm, just hoping it would hold out long enough for us to catch a few fish. However, no sooner did we get anchored out in the middle of the bay, and got our hooks in the water, did we witness something that I have never witnessed before. The air temperature dropped 10 degrees in a matter of a few seconds, and we looked north to where the storm had been, and all of a sudden you could no longer see the storm in the distance, because it was on top of us. Mind you the time that had elapsed was literally just a few minutes. Needless to say we pulled anchor, cranked the motor, and took off across the bay to our dock, in hopes that we would arrive safely before the storm took swallowed us up as bait.

Thankfully, about five minutes later we were tied up at the dock and safe from the storm in the shelter of Fishing Buddy's house. Now as any good optimist would do, we planned to wait out the storm, figuring it would only be around for a short time, being that it moved in so quickly, however, three hours later I am writing this post, having given up on the fishing extravaganza.

To be very honest with you, I am quite bummed at the weather. However, I am really thankful that God saw to it to protect us on the water today, and allowed us to make it home, before the storm settled in.

Until Next Time:
Clear Skies, High Surf and Sandy Feet

3 comments:

  1. I kept praying you would be safe, and also come in when you needed to. I had to restrain myself from calling a few times to check on you! Oh, but I really wanted to be at the beach and watch the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear God, I will praise you in the storm and I will lift my head...

    Thankfully you made it home to fish another day...

    ReplyDelete